Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just Need To Keep It Real....

Real as in I am at a break in my progress. I(not surprisingly) am an emotional eater. That means that when I am not sitting perfectly on top of my proverbial mountain I need to feed on food that isn't healthy! I don't know about any of you, but health food is not the variety I grew up eating ALL the time. So, when I need some comfort it definetly does not comfort me to sit down with a BIG bowl of chicken breast and broccoli with a heaping side of brown rice!!! :) Just being real. So after 9 wks of meticulous eating I am struggling....And it is a vicious cycle--I am not emotionally on top of my game so I want to eat but the food that I should eat makes me sad.....Pathetic, isn't it?!! To have such a problem is so.....menial in the grand scheme of things. I mean look at how many children die EVERYDAY because they have NOTHING to eat....

Which leads me to something other than my diet, thank God. The Lord has been bringing some SERIOUS conviction to this servant of His. I have been SO convicted over everything that I have not given up to serve Him. I(we in western civilization, actually) live in such abundance compared to over half the world population, and the sad part is that I find myself still wanting more....But I DO NOT need more, I have EVERYTHING that I could ever need and WAY more!!!!! While these people live in poverty, literally starving to death the people like me(and much of western civilization) say oh well, it isn't in my country, my town , my neighborhood, etc. etc.. But what if I had been born there? What if you had been born there, fighting for your very life, scrounging for food so that you could eat once a week? These people did not ask for their circumstances they just are what they are and what are we doing about it, better yet as a Christian, a follower and friend of Jesus Christ what are we doing about it? Because I bet you when it is our time to stand before the throne of judgement He is going to ask us why did you not feed me when I was hungry? and why did you not give water when I thirsted? and cloth me when I was naked? What will I say, what will you say? I have been praying that God would open the doors for me to be His hands to help the desperate and I know that whatsoever I ask in His name He will give......

Amen.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hey Sarah,
How have you been? I hope things have been getting better for you, it's been a while since you posted...
I've also struggled with emotional eating at times (stress usually equals a huge bowl of ice cream, or something equally sweet/sugary for me), so I'm not the best person to offer advice on the topic, but I know Tom wrote an e-book about ending emotional eating, so maybe you can look into that as a resource. You can find it at http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/members/322.cfm
-C

I live IN Jesus said...

Thanks Christine! :) I am checking it out right now! Do you ever just get to a point that you are "ok" with and then want a break? That is where I am! BUT I still want to lose somemore!!! My desire to lose more isn't at this time outweighing my "I'm ok with this" state of mind! I am still eating well most of the time(by most I mean probably 80% of the time, but I have also upped my cardio. Last week I ran a total of 20 miles througout the week on top of elliptical work plus my weightlifting, so I am maintaining and probably still losing fat, just at a MUCH slower rate! :)

I am SO happy to hear that you are doing better! I thought maybe you would feel better with more protein, but as I stated before I am not an expert! Keep up the GREAT work!! And lets keep encouraging, I find it VERY helpful! Thank you!
S

Wendy said...

I struggle with that at times too. Tomorrow is a new day, right.
Press on, Sarah.