Monday, February 8, 2010

Changin' my approach....

So, I am going to give this blogging thing a new go. I need a place to journal and track my progress towards a challenging goal that I set for myself and I need to make it official by publicly declaring it thus hopefully keeping me accountable(or more accountable)!

Starting off with my stats:

I am 5'7"
today I weigh 177lbs.(I started 7 weeks ago at 189)
my body fat(using a one site hand caliper) is 19.6%
Body fat mass is 34.7 lbs.
Lean Body mass is 142.3 lbs.


My goals:

1-Achieving 16% bodyfat by April 15, 2010.
2-Getting down to a dress size 8 and feeling comfortable in a swimsuit for once!
3-Eating 5-6 times per day and only eating clean A+-B graded foods(as per Tom Venuto's book Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle)
4-working out 5-6X/wk.
5-drinking at least a gallon of water/day

These a short term goals and of course they are only my physical goals for health.... I have MANY areas in my life that I have goals for, but like I said I need to become more accountable. For some reason I let my health goals slip because I know noone cares and so it makes it easy to let them slide. BUT NO MORE!!! I cannot blame my 3yr. old "baby" for the last 15lbs. anymore!!!! They(the pounds) are ALL mine! I, coupled with 35 yr old metabolism, have been lazy in doing the appropriate things to exterminate this unwanted fat!!!

So there is my public declaration! I will be posting progress as I go. Not sure how often but hopefully at least every other day.

daily workout today was as follows:
ran 3 miles walked .5 mile
1 hr cross training class

meals:
1-protein shake with psyllium husk
2-1whole egg, 4 egg whites, 1/2 c. old fashioned oats with 1 1/2 t. natural peanut butter pluss 3 T skim milk
3-5 haven't eaten yet!! :)

No comments: